Monday, July 15, 2013

Hawaii day 7












breakfast with Mickey, Minnie and goofy! the lines were a bit long, but the food was good (even Matt ate a decent amount!) and the kids enjoyed the activities with the characters. kaitlyn tries loco moco (hamburger party with rice and poached egg on top, covered with gravy) I tried a local porridge with soy sauce, chili paste and peanuts - good!  then we got our suits on and spent the entire day in the pools and at the beach. Matt wanted to rent a double kayak, so we did for an hour and after 3 minutes he wanted to go in. managed to get him to stay out for ten minutes, kaitlyn for 20 and then I had it to myself for 30 min. it was a good upper body workout paddling against the wind across the lagoon, then I would just drift back to the other side. the kids wanted to stay out until the pools closed at eight but by 7:20 we were cold and starving. headed to the hotel to wash up. while kaitlyn was in the shower and I was getting dressed, Matt ate 10 macadamia nut chocolates! we headed across the street to monkeypod restaurant and had a good meal there. home with enough time to read a chapter of hardy boys before bed.

No comments: